The TAP Intern Group is a deep investment in youth who successfully complete our 3D Computer Animation Therapy Group and show promise and interest in the animation sector.
To nurture these aspirations, the Intern Group replicates the therapeutic and technical skill-building focus of our animation groups, with enhanced attention to cultivating professional workplace competencies. The model shifts from youth-directed projects to preparing young adults to enter the workforce and pursue higher education.
Guest speakers from the industry also join sessions to share their experiences and offer networking opportunities. Studio tours, meet and greets and shadowing opportunities are woven into the curriculum to give interns real-world exposure to the people and settings of their professional future.
TAP Workforce Development Partners:
FOX, BlueSky, T2, Avalanche, Nickelodeon, The Mill
Animation Industry Council
The Animation Industry Council comprised of leaders in local animation studios, video game companies, advertising agencies, television networks and post-production houses. Council members offer creative and career advise for our interns, assist in networking, introduce job opportunities and collaborate with TAP to develop programming that meets industry standards.
Council membership includes:
- Daniel Abramovich, Stereoscopic Supervisor, Blue Sky Studios
- Andrew Bly, Co-Founder/CFO, The Molecule
- Donna Bulford, Chief Revenue Officer, Animation World Network
- Janice Burgess, Executive Producer The Polos, Co-Executive Producer Enchanting Leela, Creator The Backyardigans
- Jimmy Calhoun, Acting Chair Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects, School of Visual Arts
- Winnie Chaffee, Head of New York Physical Production, Titmouse Studios
- Philip Courtney, Chief Executive Office, Urban Arts Partnership
- Katie Cropper Klein, President, ASIFA East (Association Internationale du Film d’Animation)
- Tom Eaton, Assistant Professor of Animation, Kingsborough Community College CUNY
- Lisa Fragner, Head of Development, Blue Sky Studios (21st Century FOX)
- Melanie Grisanti, Vice President, Production, Sesame Workshop
- Lisa Goldman, Content Creator and Former President, Women In Animation NYC
- Masako Kanayama, Production Manager, Silvergate Media
- Kim Lee, Senior CG Generalist, FuseFX
- Benjamin Lehmann, Vice President & Executive Producer, Sesame Street
- Alan Lewis, Vice President of Corporate Communications & Public Affairs, Take-Two Interactive
- Christina Miller, President & General Manager, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim & Boomerang
- Pilar Newton-Katz, Animation Director/Owner, PilarToons LLC
- Mary Nittolo, Founder/ Creative Director, the STUDIO
- Dan Shefelman, Director, Dan Shefelman Studio & Assistant Professor, FIT School of Art & Design
- Christophil Jude Silva, Lead Animator, Avalanche Studios
- Frank Suarez, CEO/Executive Producer, Bunko Studios
- Boris Ustaev, Nvidia Interface Design
- Lightning Yumeku, Animation Producer/Director, 3 Degrees Films
If you are interested in hosting a TAP intern studio tour, offering shadowing or external internship placements, working with our graduates, joining our industry council or learning more about the TAP Intern Program, email email@example.com.